The Certificate program is designed for graduate students in departments other than the survey methodology program. While not required, it is preferred that students be enrolled in a graduate degree program at the University of Michigan or another graduate institution, or have completed a Masters or PhD within the last 5 years to be eligible to receive a Certificate in Survey Methodology.
The Certificate in Survey Methodology is intended to be a part-time program. International students need to be enrolled in a full time program within the University to obtain and maintain F-1 visa status, the Certificate Program is not suited for international students who are not already enrolled as a full time student in another program.
A sequence of courses comprising a minimum of 15 hours is required. Certificate courses should be completed within a two-year period.
- SurvMeth 600 - Fundamentals of Survey Methodology (3 credit hours)
- SurvMeth 621 - Fundamentals of Data Collection I (3 credit hours)
- SurvMeth 622 - Fundamentals of Data Collection II (3 credit hours)
- SurvMeth 625 - Applied Sampling (3 credit hours)
- Approved Survey Methodology (SurvMeth) Elective (3 credits)
Contact MPSM program offices for details on the certificate program curriculum.
- April 1 for study beginning summer term
- July 1 for study beginning fall term
Students enrolled only in the certificate program are not eligible for federal financial aid. A student must be enrolled in a full degree program to be eligible for federal financial aid.